Effective Date: September 14, 2015
1. Collected Information. The information collected during your use of the Service includes the following:
(a) Submitted Information. As part of using the Service, you may submit certain information to us. For example, when you register for an account on the Service, complete a survey, sign up for online courses, participate in public forums, attend online courses or participate in other services through our Service we will collect information from you, including Personal Information such as your first and last name and e-mail address. “Personal Information” means information such as a name or e-mail address that we can directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information. To the extent you decline to share certain information with us, we may not be able to provide some or all of the features and functionalities found on the Service.
(b) Payment Information. When you purchase products or services through the Service, we ask for your credit card, billing address, or other payment information. We use third party payment services providers to process payments on our behalf, and as a result we do not actually receive your credit card number or other payment instrument information.
(c) Online Courses. We will collect information regarding your use of online course related activities, such as attending a course video and/or chat-session. This information includes records of video and chat-sessions, information such as the amount of time spent attending the online course, whether you completed a course, and interactions with instructors of the course (“Mentors”).
(d) Video Chat Sessions. Video chat sessions on the Service may be monitored or recorded by the Company. We may internally use those recordings (including your likeness contained in the recordings) for our business purposes, including without limitation for purposes of Mentor evaluation, dispute resolution and improving the Service. We may disclose such recordings to other participants in the sessions for their own use, as well as to third parties for their use on our behalf or in connection with dispute resolution.
(d) Forums. We may offer public forums from time to time (the “Forums”) where you can share comments and thoughts. In order to participate in the Forums, you may be required to register with us and/or provide us with Personal Information such as your name and email address. Personal Information shall not include any information posted or sent by or to you via any public Forum. Please keep in mind that information you post or make available in Forums will be publicly available. Accordingly, you should be careful when posting any personal or sensitive information.
(e) Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Service, we gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you, and this information can be associated with your user account. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Service, as well as server log data such as a computer’s IP address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to the Service.
(f) Networking Information. You may share information from the Service through a social and professional networking site such as Linkedin or Facebook (“Networking Services”). Integration with Networking Services allows us to offer a more personalized experience to you when you use the Site. If you share information on Networking Services, the Networking Services may provide us with access to certain information that you have provided to that Networking Service (such as your profile picture, name, educational qualifications, interests, and connections), and we will use, store and disclose such information in accordance with this Policy. Please remember that the manner in which the Networking Services use, store and disclose your information is governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Networking Service, and not the Company.
(g) Tracking and Cookies. The Service may use both web beacons and cookies to collect information. “Beacons” (also often referred to as “pixels”) are tiny graphics on a web page designed to track when a page is viewed. “Cookies” are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that are downloaded by your web browser or mobile device when you visit a website. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies when you access and use the Service. Cookies may be used, for example, to remember your user account information and your preferences, to customize the interface of the Service for you and to assist us in measuring and analyzing Service traffic. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your browser’s documentation to learn the best way to modify your cookie settings. The Service does not currently respond to “do not track” browser headers. However, you can take steps to limit tracking by erasing cookies from your computer’s hard drive and by setting your browser to block all cookies or warn you before a cookie is stored.
2. Use of Information. We internally use the information we collect as follows:
(a) Provision of Service. We may use collected information for the purposes for which you provided the information including, for example, to assist in providing online courses, create and maintain an account for you or to respond to a question that you e-mail to us. We also use the collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Service to you and as reasonably necessary for our business operations.
(b) Updates and Troubleshooting. We may also use the collected information to contact you regarding updates or modifications to the Service or to help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices in connection with disputes between you and another user or Mentor or alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Service.
(c) Personalized Content. We may use the collected information to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
(d) Analytics and Improvements. We may also analyze collected information relating to your use of the Service in order to help us improve the Service and develop and improve the products and services purchased through the Service.
(e) Promotional Offers. We may use the collected information to provide you with promotional materials and offers. However, we will give you the ability to opt out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
(f) Combination. We may combine personal information collected through the Service with other information that we or third parties collect about you in other contexts—such as our communications with you via e-mail, phone, or your customer service records. We may use this information to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and for measuring demographics and interests regarding specific services or products.
(g) Forums. To facilitate your use of the Forums, we use Personal Information collected during your use of the Forums. In addition, we may publish this information via extensions of our online interfaces that use third-party services, like mobile applications. We also reserve the right to reuse Forum posts containing Personal Information in future versions of the courses we offer, and to enhance future course offerings. We may archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you and/or your designee(s), and/or provide it to the Mentor(s) associated with the courses you have taken. We may also use or publish posts submitted on the Forums without using Personal Information.
(h) Online Courses. We use the information that we collect from you when you participate in online course related activities to improve the quality of the products and services purchased through our Service. We may share this information with a course Mentor to assist with the operation of the courses offered by them. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
3. Disclosure of Information. We share and disclose the information we collect about you as follows:
(b) Advertising. We may provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our user base and its interests and usage patterns. We may also partner with third party advertising companies in order to serve online advertising regarding our products and services to users after they visit the Service. This is a common practice called “retargeting.” For more information on such practices and the ability to opt-out, you may visit http://www.aboutads.info.
(c) Aggregated Data. We may report aggregated, anonymous data relating to activity on this Service to third parties or the general public. By way of example only, this may include the provision or publication of reports regarding the geographical distribution of our user base.
(d) Business Arrangements. We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to third-party partners in furtherance of our business arrangements with them, including without limitation to jointly offer a product or service to you or create interoperability between our products and services and the products and services of such partners.
(e) Transfer as Corporate Asset. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving Company, the information we possess, including personally identifiable information, shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity.
(f) Legal Requirement. We will use and disclose information (including video chat session content) where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so or in other circumstances where we believe it is necessary to protect the rights or property of Company, our users and/or third parties.
(g) Affiliates. We may disclose this information to our affiliates for use as described in this Policy.
4. Effective Date; Changes. When we make any changes to our practices under this Policy, we will change the Effective Date. We will treat your continued use of the Service following such change as your acceptance of the changes.
5. Third Parties. The Service may contain offers from third parties or links to third-party websites. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request such third parties to provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with or making a purchase from such third parties.
6. Viewing, Amending and Deleting Information. You can log into your account and view or amend your account information at any time. To delete all data associated you’re your account, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while changes to your profile information are reflected promptly in active user databases, our servers may retain previously provided information.
7. Security. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information. We expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, with respect to ensuring, guaranteeing or otherwise offering any definitive promise of security in connection with your personal information or usage information.
8. Children Under 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Service is not directed at children under 13. If you are a parent and believe your child under the age of 13 has used the Service and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Service, please contact us at the phone number and address provided in Section 11 of this Policy and we will work to delete that Service account and any such personally identifiable information.
9. Transfer to the U.S. or Other Countries. Company uses facilities in the United States. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where Company has facilities. By using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
2150 Shattuck Avenue, Penthouse, Skydeck
Berkeley, CA 94074
11. Contacting Us. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at
Attn: Privacy Questions
2150 Shattuck Avenue, Penthouse, Skydeck
Berkeley, CA 94074